Ariane Soft PPL2 Pocket Programming DataMite
Old 04-21-2010, 07:46 PM

Lightbulb Working Examples

Im eagerly interested to see some example projects working, for understanding and learning the usage of components and events. Of course you have some examples along with the demo version of PPL2, but they -sorry- are a little bit poor.

I would like to see same bigger examples like a short game, a Texteditor (working with menüs and toolbar) or even usage of the PTreeView.

Maybe the whole community will be interessed in such educationel projects. I belief you have some demo stuff on your engine.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by udoklatt; 04-21-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udoklatt View Post
Im eagerly interested to see some example projects working, for understanding and learning the usage of components and events. Of course you have some examples along with the demo version of PPL2, but they -sorry- are a little bit poor.

I would like to see same bigger examples like a short game, a Texteditor (working with menüs and toolbar) or even usage of the PTreeView.

Maybe the whole community will be interessed in such educationel projects. I belief you have some demo stuff on your engine.

Thanks for your help.
You are going to realize that this forum is dead and nobody is going to help.There is no support ,there is no forum .....The most examples you can find here are written with previous versions of ppl so they are not working with current version.

Last edited by stratus; 04-23-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 AM

Don't listen to stratus, Udo.
Perhaps you could start a bigger Project yourself, and I'm sure some other users will join on that.

I'm interested in nearly any kind of development and would like to help as far as I'm able to.
I've got the PPL 1.53 version and am waiting for PPL 2 to get over those little teething troubles before I'm purchasing it.
But I'm really happy with my 1.53 version; most things I'm searching for can be found on MSDN because PPL is so close to the WinAPI...

And there already are some bigger Examples in the code section as far as I can remember.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Administrator

The support is not dead. We are going through some restructuring of the company. We are not actively developing PPL at this time but we will resume soon.

PPL is a product we care about and love. It is the foundation product of our company.
http://www.arianesoft.ca
Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
You are going to realize that this forum is dead and nobody is going to help.There is no support ,there is no forum .....The most examples you can find here are written with previous versions of ppl so they are not working with current version.
hey that is not fair, I have tried to help you, but I am not an expert, I am not a official member of Arianesoft and I don't have unlimited time too. those circumstances, ingrates and a inactive community makes it hard to keep motivated and what come I up with in the end? thank and kindness is enough for me to spend my time on searching and testing to help out, but if you don't even get that minimum back...it will get pointless at some point. I don't want to attack you stratus, you have said thanks to me in the related posts compared to some other persons who did not even this.
btw code written for 1.x is very often compatible to version 2.x (at 95% I guess). of course you have to make some little changes like replacing new with var.
if this forum is dead or not is alone our decision, if everyone contributes a little more it won't be dead.
@udoklatt: I can write an text editor example for you. do you want raw code or virtual code ? object based or not? which functions should be at least supported? maybe sth. similar to my Servulus project (a mobile IDE for all PPL versions)?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknack View Post
hey that is not fair, I have tried to help you, but I am not an expert, I am not a official member of Arianesoft and I don't have unlimited time too. those circumstances, ingrates and a inactive community makes it hard to keep motivated and what come I up with in the end? thank and kindness is enough for me to spend my time on searching and testing to help out, but if you don't even get that minimum back...it will get pointless at some point. I don't want to attack you stratus, you have said thanks to me in the related posts compared to some other persons who did not even this.
btw code written for 1.x is very often compatible to version 2.x (at 95% I guess). of course you have to make some little changes like replacing new with var.
if this forum is dead or not is alone our decision, if everyone contributes a little more it won't be dead.
@udoklatt: I can write an text editor example for you. do you want raw code or virtual code ? object based or not? which functions should be at least supported? maybe sth. similar to my Servulus project (a mobile IDE for all PPL versions)?
I do not blame neither you or the other members of the forum.If i remember well i thank you for your help.I blame the company because
1)It accepts that it stop the development of the ppl but it does not stop to sell the product.The best i think is to stop sell the product until starts to support it again.
2)The ppl ide is not running on ppc and no one can help me
3)I install and unistall the program a dozen times until the windows mobile sdk installs in my ppc
4)Clever update is not working right
5)The sql demos are not working
6)Many times when i try to change a property of a control i receive a message from windows for an unexpected error and the program shut down
I spent a lot of money,237 euros,for i product with no support full of bugs so i think that i have the right to complain
Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 PM

1) but kornalius is at least still here and talks with you. other companies simply quits the support for a product which isn't profitable enough anymore. one goodbye email and the user are left out in the cold.
I asume you don't need your money instantly back and you want a usable programming language. kornalius on the other hand needs some time to backup. I suggest some sort of agreement. my first idea: kornalius tries to solve a speficic amount of bugs each month/week/... the demand, complexity and needed time decides which ones.
what do you think about it? there are also other opportunities like lowering the price, but this wouldn't affect the current user and the bugs would be still there. we need good ideas here
2) I hope you don't talk about a PPL 2.x mobile IDE, because there is only one for PPL 1.x. the PPL.exe in the windows mobile sdk is only the compiler it does nothing if you simply open it. I developed Servulus, because the official mobile IDE was discontinued. have you tried Servulus already?
3 - 6) I can make only speculations here, this is really sth. for kornalius. I can only advice you to be as detailed as possible and post them on the bugtracker or directly to kornalius.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Administrator

That is exactly what I have decided to do starting next week. I will make a daily schedule and do work on PPL 2 (and 1.62) so that all the bugs at least in bugs.arianesoft.ca are resolved.

I am sorry for not putting enough attention to PPL lately. If I want to survive as a company I have to put more time where I believe money will come in. Of course I understand your position, the money you have spend and all. I certainly don't want any dissatisfied customers, we don't take your money and run, will never do.
http://www.arianesoft.ca