Ariane Soft PPL2 Pocket Programming DataMite
Old 07-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Default Windows Mobile connection issues

We are working on the Windows Mobile connection issues. We would like to remind you that in order to allow connection, TCP/IP networking must be enabled on your device, even through ActiveSync it won't work because PPL.EXE serves as the server and it is not possible through ActiveSync connection.

We are looking into a solution, here are the possible choices we have:

- Make PIDE2 as the server and PPL.EXE as the client. This would require quite a bit of work.

- Revert back to RAPI (ActiveSync) calls only for Windows Mobile connection. This would need some major work too.

What is the state of Windows Mobile devices these days? Do they have TCP/IP connection without having to use ActiveSync. We kinda lost touch with these devices in the last year, still using an Asus A620 for testing purposes and emulators.
http://www.arianesoft.ca
Old 07-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Hi Alain,

My HTC has a TCP connection and ActiveSync doesn't work with Vista.
I would be happy if I can create a WM .exe file with PPL2 for now.

Greetz,
Helen
Old 07-25-2009, 10:07 AM

Default Win Mobile 6.x with ActiveSync and TCP/IP - XP and Vista

Hi,

i use a HTC Touch HD with Active Sync and/or TCP IP connections together with an XP-Notebook.
i use the same device with windows mobile device center connection to an Vista-Desktop computer.
Both work fine.
csandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornalius View Post
We are working on the Windows Mobile connection issues. We would like to remind you that in order to allow connection, TCP/IP networking must be enabled on your device, even through ActiveSync it won't work because PPL.EXE serves as the server and it is not possible through ActiveSync connection.

We are looking into a solution, here are the possible choices we have:

- Make PIDE2 as the server and PPL.EXE as the client. This would require quite a bit of work.

- Revert back to RAPI (ActiveSync) calls only for Windows Mobile connection. This would need some major work too.

What is the state of Windows Mobile devices these days? Do they have TCP/IP connection without having to use ActiveSync. We kinda lost touch with these devices in the last year, still using an Asus A620 for testing purposes and emulators.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Ok thanks guys.

Exe creation will be only compiled locally, this will be working in the next release.

TCP connection is being reworked so that the PIDE2 is the server and the target application is the client. This will simplify connection, the device will connect to the desktop and not the other way around.
http://www.arianesoft.ca